Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Study Shows Republicans Were Whiney Babies as Children

If I were to mention this report to my father, it would be the equivalent of lobbing a rotten tomato across the kitchen and preparing for an ugly food fight. But I just can't help myself:

From a UC Berkley study:

The whiny kids tended to grow up conservative, and turned into rigid young adults who hewed closely to traditional gender roles and were uncomfortable with ambiguity.The confident kids turned out liberal and were still hanging loose, turning into bright, non-conforming adults with wide interests. The girls were still outgoing, but the young men tended to turn a little introspective.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I hear cocaine, drinking, and the associated brain rot can also make you an R.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whiny people can be confident (and liberal) too. see, e.g., new york city jews.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home