Friday, March 17, 2006

Don't Kiss Me, I'm Not Irish


'KungFu' Lepricorn
Originally uploaded by eDJäDe.
A lot of people mistake me for an Irishwoman. I can't imagine why, given my red hair, and that my name is Erin. In fact, I'm Norweigan, Swedish, Danish and German.

At any rate, a necessary and unfortunate jaunt through midtown Manhattan today during the St. Patrick's Day Parade only made me MORE glad I'm not Irish, since celebrating my heritage would apparently entail donning an undignified green top hat, breaking open container laws, and screaming "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of my lungs while drunkenly weaving down Fifth Avenue (something I usually save for Saturday afternoons).

Sorry. Those people were VERY annoying, and everywhere. However, I did see some bagpipers in kilts, those guys were cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home