Tuesday, October 26, 2004

flirting with the tabloids.

So! Uncontent with the highfalutin Journal, I am about to take a swan dive into the morass of New York tabloid writing! I've been commissioned by the New York Post (www.nypost.com) to write a business story about (something that is secret, can't let the scoop out!) to be published on Sunday. I think it'll be a lot of fun. They like goofy leads and fun writing, and the topic is pretty cool. Plus, fast cash. Hopefully I can do a good job and get more quickie assignments for them. It's the fourteenth-biggest paper in the country, right behind boston and right ahead of Minneapolis. Pay is less than the glossies but better than a kick in the teeth. Which I would not be able to pay for, as I do not have health insurance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home