Monday, January 23, 2006

Stuck in 11th grade

So I'm researching this story for my sorta-day-job about this company called Fortune Brands, which makes a whole bunch of consumer products, basically everything but the kitchen sink. Oh wait, they make kitchen sinks too.

Anyway, much of the article deals with their golf business and namely, their production of Titleist golf balls.

I don't get much joy out of my day job, but I giggle every time I see the word "Titleist," because all I can think of is that episode of Beavis & Butt-Head where they decide to earn extra money by stealing golf balls off courses and selling them back to the players for a dollar.

The gramatically challenged Beavis fishes around in a water hazard, pulls out a little white ball, and screams, "TIT-leeist! TIT-leeist! TIT-leeist! Heh heh heh heh heh."

I don't know quite what it says about me that I'm still laughing at boobie jokes, but I'm thankful for the giggle any way I can get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home