Monday, February 20, 2006

McGriddles

Some time ago, I was explaining to my friend Chuck how the sausage McGriddle from McDonald's was simultaneously revolting and delicious, and that never in the history of fast food had a better hangover cure existed. The idea of the McGriddle freaked him out, if I remember correctly, what with the little maple bombs floating around in bread and all.

This conversation had to have happened months ago since he's been away on book tours and has been busy generally being famous and I don't see him as much as I used to. Frankly, I had forgotten all about the McGriddles conversation, but then again, I never remember anything and he's the type of person who remembers what cartoon characters were on his pajamas in second grade and can relay with frightening accuracy entire drunken conversations that occurred years earlier.

Anyway, I was surprised to receive this text message from him this morning at 7:29:
"This morning, I finally had a sausage McGriddle. They are more subtle than I anticipated. The flavor is relaxed and the texture is formidable."

I love waking up to a review of a fast-food delicacy on my cellphone. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home