Monday, March 05, 2007

Moonstruck


On Saturday night I watched the first full lunar eclipse in three years from the roof of my brownstone in Brooklyn. It was beautiful.I only started watching it about 45 minutes after it started, so I only got to see a little bit of it while it was glowing reddish and eerie, but even later as it returned to normal, it was quite pretty. It was a clear night so there was an awesome view on one side of the Statue of Liberty, and the colors of the Empire State and the jaunty top of the Chrysler building really popped out from their inky backdrop over the lights of the Brooklyn Bridge. I drank a glass of Prosecco and marveled at the beauty of the city and the sky and of life in general, and knew that I was in exactly the right place in the world at that moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home