Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Super Dope Home Boy

Here is a conversation I had with my sister in her bedroom while we were at home in South Dakota for Christmas. There isn't much to do there, and that's putting it very kindly, unless you enjoy shopping for firearms at Wal-Mart.

Erin: Oh my god, is this my old M.C. Hammer CD sitting on top of your CD player?
Michelle: Yeah, hahahaha. You're a dork.
Erin: Let's listen!
Michelle: Don't make me!

M.C. Hammer: "Can't touch this!"
(pause to imagine wild, frenetic and giggle-infused Hammer-pants dancing, along with bad Midwestern girl-rapping. if you dare.)

Erin: I am TOTALLY downloading this before I go back to New York.
Michelle: YOU ARE JOKING.
Erin: I am totally NOT joking. It will be AWESOME to work out to. Even if it includes the lyrics "Super dope home boy from the Oaktown."

And it is indeed awesome to work out to. If it makes you smile during your 56th minute on a treadmill, you know it's worth the embarassment of having it on your iPod. I especially enjoyed Pray, the one that rips off "When Doves Cry." I was thinking, wow, there should be a mashup of this shit! Then maybe it would be cool! But then I realized, wait, this is already pretty much a mashup of something else. So what would that make it? A double mash I guess.

"Let me bust the funky lyrics." Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home