Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Security Insecurities

Even though I work at a travel magazine, I often thank my lucky stars I don't have to travel more often than I do, not because I don't love it, but because the security measures at airports are so stupid and seemingly misguided that it makes my eyeball blood vessels explode in frustration pretty much every time I fly.

Although I have loved getting my breasts patted by lesbian German hausfraus in Frankfurt looking for explosives (which, judging by my cup size, wouldn't be large enough to put much of a dent in, say, a two-man tent, let alone an airplane), and enjoying the scent of my fellow 4,000 passengers' moldy feet in July at JFK, I think my frustrations are shared by 230% of the other Americans who travel, and who not only don't feel safer, but feel entirely put out by security measures.

Because when people start venting on Amazon.com comments for a security-checkpoint toy, you know it's gone too far.

Via Crankyflier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home