Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Call Guaranteed to Ruin Any Appetite

I have a friend who's a pharmacist. The other day I was talking with my friend and his mother, and the subject of his grandmother, a lovely lady in her 80s who's been a widow for many years, came up. The subject was Grandma's boyfriend, who, for the sake of this retelling, we shall call Larry.

I asked whether Larry, who's a good 15 years grandma's junior, was a boyfriend-boyfriend, or just someone to hold hands with while they watched the 5 o'clock news and ate tapioca or whatever it is old folks do. My pharmacist friend's mother said, "Well, I don't know the particulars, but I *do* know that one day last week I got a call from my daughter moaning about boy problems, and then 20 minutes later I got a call from my MOTHER moaning about boy problems. That was not a good day."

My pharmacist friend shot his mother a withering look and said, "You think THAT'S bad? Last week Grandma called during my lunch break at the pharmacy and asked me if there was anything on the market to treat VAGINAL DRYNESS. Needless to say, I didn't eat my lunch."

I guess that answers my question re: Larry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home