Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Overheard on the Subway

I was on the F train this morning around 9:30, minding my own business and salivating over the Dining In/Dining Out section in the New York Times, when a group of, oh, I don’t know, SIX HUNDRED or so elementary school kids boarded my car between East Broadway and Delancey, seemingly on a field trip. Simultaneously, every adult on the train frantically plunged their hands inside their respective pockets or purses to crank up the volume on their iPod or mp3 player.

I was less quick on the draw and was digging around in the bottom of my bag for my earbuds when I heard the teacher shout over the deafening roar of pre-pubescent screams and shrieks: “Kids, kids…QUIET! Remember, NO ONE ELSE ON THIS TRAIN LIKES CHILDREN!”

Well said, lady. Well said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home