Friday, November 03, 2006

Tenaciously Clinging to the Bar Stool

So I'm in the process of lining up some new consulting work and the person who's doing the hiring started calling my references today. He called me later to tell me I had a "fan club," and I assured him it was only because I had given each person $20 to say something nice. Aren't I the comedian?

One of my friends and former colleagues I had put down as a reference IM'd me shortly after she got off the phone with the employer and told me he had asked some kind of unusual questions. One of them was, "What are 3 words that you would use to describe Hadtomove?"

I asked her what she said, and she said, "Tenacious and smart."

I thanked her for leaving out "frequently inebriated" and knew that my twenty bucks had been well spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guy said...

that's really only 2 words, unless one of the words this person would use to describe you is "and."

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home